SSC MTS and Havaldar Recruitment: How to Apply Online and What is the Salary?
If you are looking for a government job that requires only a 10th pass qualification, you might be interested in the recruitment of Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) and Havaldar posts by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The online application process for these posts has started from 5th February 2023 and will end on 21st March 2023. The total number of vacancies for these posts is 3954, out of which 3261 are for MTS and 693 are for Havaldar.
The candidates who want to apply for these posts must have passed class 10th or equivalent from a recognized board or institution. The age limit for MTS posts is 18 to 25 years and for Havaldar posts is 18 to 23 years as on 1st January 2023. However, there is relaxation in the upper age limit for reserved categories as per the government rules.
The selection process for these posts will consist of two stages: Paper-I and Paper-II. Paper-I will be a computer-based objective type test, which will have four sections: General Intelligence and Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness. Each section will have 25 questions of one mark each, and the total duration of the test will be 90 minutes. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Paper-II will be a descriptive type test, which will have one question of writing a short essay or letter in English or any language included in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution. The maximum marks for this test will be 50 and the duration will be 30 minutes. This test will be qualifying in nature and will only be conducted for those candidates who qualify in Paper-I.
The candidates who qualify in both the papers will be called for document verification and medical examination before final selection. The candidates who are selected for MTS posts will be posted in various ministries, departments and offices of the central government across the country. The candidates who are selected for Havaldar posts will be posted in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), which is a border guarding force under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The candidates who want to apply for these posts can follow these steps to fill the online application form:
- Visit the official website of SSC, ssc.nic.in
- Click on the link “Apply” on the home page
- Select the option “Others” from the drop-down menu
- Click on the link “Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Examination-2023” or “Havaldar (GD) in SSB Examination-2023” as per your preference
- Read the instructions carefully and click on “I Agree”
- Fill in the basic details such as name, date of birth, gender, category, etc.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature as per the specifications
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 100 through online mode or offline challan
- Submit the application form and take a printout for future reference
The candidates are advised to check the official notification for more details regarding eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, etc. The official notification can be accessed from this link: https://ssc.nic.in/SSCFileServer/PortalManagement/UploadedFiles/notice_mts_05022023.pdf
The salary for these posts is as follows:
- The basic salary of MTS and Havaldar posts is Rs. 18,000 per month as per the 7th Pay Commission
- The grade pay of MTS and Havaldar posts is Rs. 1800
- The in-hand salary of MTS and Havaldar posts ranges from Rs. 18,000 to Rs. 28,111 per month, depending on various allowances and city categories
- The allowances include House Rent Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Travelling Allowance, National Pension System, Central Government Health Scheme, Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme, etc.
- The city categories are X, Y and Z, which are also known as Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities, respectively. The in-hand salary varies according to the cost of living in these cities.
This is a great opportunity for those who want to work in the government sector with a decent salary and job security. If you are interested and eligible, do not miss this chance and apply online before the last date. All the best!😊